What level of service is actually required?
At the outset of each project, we evaluate the appropriate level of service required by both the project itself, the wishes of the client and the budget. In some cases, we go so far as to act as the clients’ representative and coordinate the project from beginning to end, selecting the contractor, preparing all design and permit documents, even arranging the furnishings and set up of the finished building. In other cases, we might only be required to prepare conceptual design work, bringing our design expertise to bear on a very preliminary phase of a project, or perhaps simply preparing minimal permit application documents. We tailor our service to the specifics of each project.
We can provide a complete design service for residential projects, including some or all of the following:
• Site selection consultation
• Municipal By-law review and site master-planning
• Preliminary conceptual design
• Design development and budget creation
• Detailed working drawings, coordination of structural design and other associated sub-consultants
• Coordination of Interior design
• Coordination of Landscape design
• Preparation of Permit Documents for Building Permit Application
• Contractor selection and competitive bidding
• Site review and required consultation during construction
• Post construction review
• Coordination of Minor variance , Zoning Amendments and other site planning applications.
• Consultation on commercial and institutional projects, in association other architectural firms with whom we regularly work.
• Documentation of existing and historic properties...as-built plans and elevations, structural documentation, photography, hand sketches.
• Artistic representation of your building through hand sketches suitable for reproduction and framing.
-David Gillett Design Ltd. is certified by the Ontario Ministry of Housing to issue drawings for Permit (enabling us to issue BCIN Schedule #1 at time of Permit application).
-Member of Royal Architectural Institute of Canada, Ontario Association of Architects
Please inquire about Davids custom illustrations. Have a look at the Illustrations gallery on this site for a sampling of some recent editorial illustrations.